Superior vitrified systems for internal bore grinding
Product / User Benefits
- Radiac’s patented bonding systems provide excellent wheel life when used with fused aluminum oxide abrasive and ceramic grain combinations.
- Radiac’s internal grinding wheels have made it possible to achieve unbelievable increases in performance in many applications. These tools can be made from either fused or sintered aluminum oxide and can reduce the grinding forces in the process and are subject to significantly less wear. The result is high stock removal rates combined with significantly improved grinding wheel lifetimes.
- In manufacturing processes with many linked machining operations, the internal cylindrical grinding steps are bottleneck operations. In such cases, the increases in performance achieved with these tools result in very high process cost savings.
Fields of Applications
- Automotive industry: CV joints, bearing bushings, races (bearing seat)
- Gear industry: gear wheel bores
In comparison with other grinding operations, internal cylindrical grinding wheels have to compensate for a number of process-related disadvantages:
- As a result of the small diameter, there are fewer abrasive grains on the circumference. Each single grain is subjected to a significantly higher load.
- Supply of coolant/lubricant is often not optimally possible for space reasons.
Radiac’s internal grinding wheels master such conditions with ease. Radiac/Tyrolit’s specialist application engineers match our unique products to individual requirements and thus minimize the need for testing.
In addition to straight grinding wheels (with or without recess), Radiac also manufactures all types of edge profiles.